On the cover of this month’s Indie Next list is
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue: A Novel, by V.E. Schwab
View this month’s complete Indie Next List.
View from a bookseller
“Epic, beautifully written, heartwarming, and heartbreaking,The Invisible Life of Addie LaRueis a contemplation on life, death, what it means to make your mark on the world, and why we feel it’s important to do so. Addie makes a deal with a demon so she can live her life the way she wants to. But, like most deals, there are strings attached — and these strings make it so she is forgotten by everyone she meets. Dancing about time, the book shows Addie’s life over 300 years and takes a closer look at her modern life — after a boy in a bookshop remembers her. Months later, I’m still thinking about this book and how beautiful it is; my words don’t even come close to doing it justice. Read this book.”
—Lindsey Pattavina, R.J. Julia Booksellers, Madison, CT
Indie Next authors talk about their books…
Jon Aaron Sandler in conversation with Natalie Zina Walschots about her new book “HENCH”, about the henchpeople who work for super-villains. The LeadRead from HarperCollins, through their William Morrow imprint.
Indie Next around the web. . .
Now In Paperback
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend $100 at a local-owned business and $52 of that stays in your community.
- Spend $50 at a national chain and keep $6.50 in the local community.
- Spend $50 online with a remote vendor with no sales tax collected and keep not one penny in your local community.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.